Hayden has started to become very helpful recently. Some examples.
- At bed time, when I’m putting his socks on (after I’ve attacked him with a game of ‘this little piggy’) he puts his feet up in the air. Once you put one sock on he swaps feet and gives you his other foot.
- He likes to find his shoes and try to put them on his feet.
- When we open the dishwasher he helps us by handing us the cutlery to put away.
- Bath time, I ask him is he ready to get out and his put his hands up in the air and starts to stand up to make it easy to get him.
- He has started to use the spoon to feed himself. This is in early stages… but nonetheless a move in the right direction.
- He also likes to press every button the washing machine to make sure the clothes are clean.