In keeping with tradition, here are “Layla’s” answers to the twenty questions this year. While she is old enough to answer them herself this year, most of these answers are based off my experience with her. I tried to ask her the questions herself and she wasn’t being thoughtful in her answers (imagine that in a three year old!), just saying the first thing she saw (i.e. what is your favorite color? and she held up what she was holding at the time and said “this color”).
1) What is your favorite color? Yellow
2) What is your favorite toy? Dolls
3) What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries (she says, although she has been known to turn them down from time to time recently)
4) What is your favorite TV show? Team Umizoomi
5) What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Quesadilla, she says. Not true. She likes to ask for a “quesadilla” which for her is a tortilla with some shredded cheese (not melted) in it. She’ll have a couple of bites and be done with it. I’d say soup is her fave.
6) What is your favorite outfit? Pink Colts jersey or Hello Kitty Shirt, jean skirt, “red riding” sweater or Hello Kitty zip up sweatshirt.
7) What is your favorite game? Ker Plunk (what a pain that is to set up!)
8) What is your favorite snack? Cheese Its
9) What is your favorite animal? She says birdies, but I think she just said the first one she could think of. She loves our dogs and cat.
10) What is your favorite song? Alphabet song (she is saying she likes this more than She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain, but history would say otherwise)
11) What is your favorite book? Magnet Color Safari book
12) Who is your best friend? Lila (from day care) and Sophie
13) What is your favorite cereal? Cocoa Krispies
14) What is your favorite thing to do outside? Line up her strollers
15) What is your favorite drink? Yogurt drink
16) What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17) What do you like to take with you to bed at night? “Colts pillow”, which is really a hippo pillow, lots of quilts, big Minnie, plus a whole bunch of dolls and stuffed animals that rotate between the bottom of the bed and up with her.
18) What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Right now it’s cereal, but it changes all the time.
19) What do you want for dinner for your birthday? Red Robin (mac & cheese – and not much of it)
20) What do you want to be when you grow up? A dinosaur.
I can’t believe she is three already! She is such a wonderful little girl, we are really lucky to have her in our lives. She’s so loving, cute, funny, smart, sweet… the list goes on. Love you, little Lay! xxx