I found this really cute idea online, and I am going to implement it in our family at birthday time. Layla is too young to answer for herself, so I’ll do my best to answer for her.
1) What is your favorite color? Purple, although she will only say the color “blue” when she is trying to say which [cup, bowl, shirt, shoe, etc] she wants, even when there is no blue, and if there is a blue one she will say No to the blue one when it is given to her.
2) What is your favorite toy? Minnie. Hands down.
3) What is your favorite fruit? Apple. No question.
4) What is your favorite TV show? Team Umizoomi.
5) What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Hmmm…. that’s tricky. She’s a pretty good eater in general, but doesn’t have a go-to food like Hayden and his peanut butter and jellies right now (all.he.will.eat). I guess I’ll say… cocktail wienies.
6) What is your favorite outfit? Purple Minnie tank top.
7) What is your favorite game? She likes puzzles. Does that count as a game? Let me ask the judges… ok, I say yes!
8) What is your favorite snack? Crackers
9) What is your favorite animal? Doggie or kitty
10) What is your favorite song? Baa, baa black sheep
11) What is your favorite book? Where is Baby’s Belly Button
12) Who is your best friend? Haddy (Hayden) or Tessa (from day care)
13) What is your favorite cereal? Daddy’s cereal! Which she shares with him every morning.
14) What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing/play on playset
15) What is your favorite drink? “Minnie juice” (anything in her Minnie cup, usually apple or apple/grape juice). Also, strawberry yogurt drink. And anything with ice.
16) What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17) What do you like to take with you to bed at night? “Yiyo” (Pillow – a purple pillow that has the head of a hippo or pony), Minnie, plus zillions of dolls, her princess quilt, and some blankies.
18) What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? For the past week it has been toast. Also, Mommy’s oatmeal. Formerly, yogurt, but no longer.
19) What do you want for dinner for your birthday? Hot dog.
20) What do you want to be when you grow up? A woman.
Layla, I don’t know how you are two years old already. I feel like time is going by faster with you than it even did with Hayden. You are a sweet little girl with a big personality. You are such a blast. I love having you in my life. I love watching you and Hayden play and laugh together. I love watching you getting older, understanding more of the world around you and communicating better and better. I love watching you get excited, and laughing along with us like you “get the joke.” I love your singing and telling me and Daddy to stop singing. I love how you snap to attention when I walk through the door at day care, run over to me saying “Momma, Momma, Momma,” and give me the tightest hug in the world. I love when I pass by on my run while you are playing outside at day care, and I get a kiss through the fence. I love the cuddles I get first thing in the morning as I get you out of your crib, when you whisper to me in your cute little voice. We are one lucky family to have such a wonderful little sweetie in our lives.